Irish Nachos are just like regular nachos, except instead of your typical tortilla chips at the bottom, it's crispy baked potato slices! You know you want some.Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 3 large red skinned potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a tart pan with a removable center, line the sliced potatoes in circles, making sure to cover as much as the bottom of the pan as possible. Season with salt, pepper, 1 tsp paprika and garlic salt and drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet drizzle olive oil to coat the pan and bring to medium high heat. Add the peppers and the onions and saute for 5 minutes. Transfer vegetable mixture on top of potatoes. Next add the ground turkey and remaining 1 tsp of paprika to the same skillet and saute until the turkey is fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the turkey mixture on top of the vegetables and then top with cheddar cheese.
- Put the pan back into the oven for 7 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Once removed from the oven, top with Guacamole and Salsa and serve immediately.